Even though I have not posted for a while, I'm still here. I've actually been quite busy. The weekend before the most recent one I actually cleaned out and organized my entire yarn stash. I should have taken a picture - but I was so motivated to organize the yarn I did not want to pause to take a picture. My husband's friend, and infamous neighbor, Rob, stopped by during this organizing process and saw almost my entire stash. He was absolutely horrified - he could not understand why anyone in their right mind would have so much yarn. For a very brief moment Rob was speechless -totally unheard of if you know Rob.
I ended up drastically reducing my stash by giving away a lot of yarn to a couple of neighbors. This felt great. I found yarn that I forgot that I had - malabrigo and alchemy - and finally have my yarn organized in a relatively logical manner.
Over the past couple of weeks I've returned to knttting the ruffles scarf for my friend Kelly that moved to DC in February. I was knitting it as a going away gift, of course I'm totally behind. My goal is to finish by the end of this week and have it in the mail by the beginning of next week. The scarf is turning out great - it will be an awesome accessory with a light summer dress.
Those of you who know me know that in addition to being very interested in knitting, I have a total weakness for tea and coffee. I tasted a new coffee this weekend that I absolutely love - New Mexico Pinon Coffee. This coffee has a fantastically smooth chocolately taste - soooo good.
Right now I'm drinking one of my favorite teas, Bedtime by Yogi Tea. The taste of this tea is fantastic - very calming. I also like that yogi teas also have a good quote on the tea bag. Here is the quote on my tea bag right now, "your greatest strength is love." This quote is a great reminder for us all given today's tragic events at virginia tech.
Take care, be well, and most importantly remember to love.
Happy knitting! Angela
2 comments:
And your neighbors that rec'd the yarns are very appreciative of them, too! I know I will be able to use some of them for varieties of texture/colors in the newest interest of mine....punch hooking. :)
Thanks again!!!
Michael, I have told you that you are awesome. If not here you go - you are awesome ;)
Post a Comment