First things first. I am a twisted stitcher. I have been knitting for several years now and I just found out that I have been purling incorrectly. While at the The Knitting Tree this weekend asking questions about the sweater I've been working on, the owner, Jackie, ever so sweetly told me that my stitches were twisted. Of course I was totally confused and did not know what she was talking about. Then she showed me - on ever other row of the stockinette stitch the stitches were overlapping rather than laying flat. This in the entire sweater that I knit for my mother in Rowan Tapestry yarn! Take a look a the picture below ... you'll see what I mean. The stitches are totally overlapping - how irritating.
After discovering that my stitches were twisted Jackie taught me how to purl. A little embarrassing - but totally necessary. Apparently, this is a relatively common aliment among knitters. So, know I know how to purl - I love the folks at the Knitting Tree :)
Second, event though my stitches were totally twisted, I seamed up the sweater that I made for my mom (totally belated x-mas gift). I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Pattern: Lizzy
Source: Naturally Noro
Yarn: Rowan Tapestry (fantastic yarn)
Needles: Size 8, Dutch Treats, Handcrafted by Dutch Vanden Heuvel in Eau Claire, WI (by the way, I swear that these are some of the best circular needles EVER - so in Madison, exclusively at my favorite place - The Knitting Tree)
Here are some photos of the finished result:
I so happy that this project is completed. Over the weekend I decided that I wanted to make a felted purse - so I did just that. A quick, fun and super easy project. I very happy with the finished product. Now, I need to determine who will be the lucky recipient of the bag as a gift.
Pattern: Clutch You'll Never Give Up
Source: One Skein
Yarn: Aquarella Malabrigo (super chunky)
Needles: Size 15 Dutch Treats
Here are some photos of the finished project
That's all for now. Happy knitting!
2 comments:
Well, now.......since you now know how to purl correctly and obviously knit very well...AND fast...perhaps you will make something for yourself?
Yep. I think that I'm going to make something for myself now - I feel a wee bit guilty - but not too much.
Post a Comment