Monday, October 27, 2008

12 weeks and I'm headed back to work

Tomorrow Benjamin will be 12 weeks old. I'll be headed back to work next week. I can't believe how quickly these 12 weeks have gone by ... While the first several weeks were VERY difficult (I actually wanted to go back to work then), I'm very torn about going back to work - I'm going to miss being with Super Ben so much. It feels like I just got the hang of being a mom and Super Ben is starting a fun and incredible stage - he is cooing, talking and smiling so much now.

This past month (err - 5 weeks since my last post) has been full month. Here is a quick recap.

(1) Travel: We took our first car trips to P-town with Benjamin. Overall Benjamin did great. We stopped only once, if at all, to feed the big man.

(2) Hanging out with Benjamin's Cousins: Benjamin's cousins are hilarious. They made several very astute observations. Observation #1 by Allison: "Benjamin has a great tan. Kinda like his dad." (Who knew that Andy had a tan). Observation #2 by David: "Benjamin does not have any teeth." (For some reason I thought that this observation was very funny). Benjamin's cousins still like to call him Ocean.

(3)Daycare: Benjamin started going to daycare part time last week. On his first day, he gave his teacher a hickey. I guess he's trying to be the teachers pet already ;). His first few days have gone well.

(4) Big Poos: Super Ben has had some Super Poos lately. A couple of weeks ago Super Ben had one of his Super Poos (up the back and out both sides) when Andy was on diaper duty. Andy decided that he did not want to pull the dirty onsie over Benjamin's head - so instead he cut the onsie off - yes, my once frugal husband decided that it would be best to cut the onsie off of Benjamin. Men are so overdramtic and just plain strange.

(4) Work Mtgs: I've started integrating myself back into work. I've taken Benjamin with me to a couple of work meetings. I will admit that taking a baby to work with you is VERY distracting. Benjamin had one of his big audible poos during a work meeting last week - I apologized to the co-worker who was sitting beside me for benjamin's audible and smelly poo. The co-worker then looked at me and said, "I thought it was you." I really hope that he was kidding.

That is all I have for you right now.

Here are some more pictures of the big ben.



Later, A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!!!! The photos are GREAT! Good to see you back posting!

Maniphone said...

FINALLY! I love them all! He's so adorable!